It is hard to believe we’re already in August! Taking advantage of the nice seasonal fruits and vegetables, here is my menu for this weekend:
1. Ratatouille with Roasted Pork Tenderloin (one for $12, two for $20)
Straight from Provence (in the South of France) to you, ratatouille (pronounce “rat-tat-TOO-ee”) is a fabulous rustic dish made of eggplant, zucchini and summer squash, tomatoes, all stewed together with garlic, onion, and herbs. Every bite tastes summer. Topped with slices of perfectly seasoned roasted pork tenderloin. Vegetable only option available.
2. Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes ($8 – 2 servings)
This side goes great with the ratatouille and pork tenderloin, but honestly pairs well with pretty much anything–hamburger, hot dogs, salad… you cannot go wrong!
3. Coconut Crème Brûlées ($5)
Lusciously creamy and velvety smooth, these coconut crèmes brûlées will remind you of the tropics. Made with a blend of whole cream and coconut milk.
4. Mango Blueberry Cobbler ($4 for one; $20 serves 6)
Another great summer recipe. Similar to my peach cobbler, this version is full of mangos and blueberries, with a light, fluffy and buttery biscuit-like top. .
4.Cookies du Jour: Salted Toffee Cashew Cookies ($2.50)
You’ll love the blend of salty and sweet, crips on the outside and chewy on the inside.
5. Go-to cookies this week include: Lemon Squares, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies, or Roasted Peanut Peanut Butter Cookies ($2.50 each)
Free (contact-less) delivery in Edgewood-Brookland or nearby, with $20 purchase.